Polymer Holding Corporation is a leading niche manufacturer of low-volume, close-tolerance plastic parts and assemblies.
- Prospect Partners teamed with independent equity sponsor Robert Underwood to acquire Polymer Corporation in December, 2008.
- Polymer, founded in 1979, produces custom plastic parts and assemblies for a diverse nationwide customer base of blue-chip companies.
- It serves such niche industry segments as medical equipment and instrumentation; firearms/outdoor sports; defense; security and aerospace; and industrial instruments.
- Polymer works with its customers through the complete product life cycle as a "one-stop" supplier; its primary processes are Liquid Resin Casting™ and injection molding.
- Polymer's management team is led by Mr. Underwood and Jim Ryan, Chief Operating Officer.
- Prospect Partners and management seek additional acquisitions of companies using synergistic injection molding and/or reaction injection molding techniques.
- Mr. Tuttle serves the Company as Chairman.
- SIC codes: 3089 (plastics products, not elsewhere classified); 3841
(surgerical and medical instruments and apparatus); 5047 (medical, dental and hospital equipment and supplies); 5091 (sporting and recreational goods and supplies); 5085 (industrial supplies)