Codel is a leading Pacific Northwest
fabricator, assembler, marketer and distributor of pre-hung steel
and fiberglass entry door systems and related accessories for residential
- Prospect Partners teamed with independent equity sponsor Montgomery,
Shelton & Company to acquire Codel Entry Systems in April
- The investment was a recapitalization with Codel owner and
General Manager Brent Moss.
- Montgomery, Shelton & Company is an independent investment
firm in Winnetka, Ill., that offers key operating experience
in companies in a variety of industries.
- In addition to Mr. Moss, Codel's senior management team
includes Neville Dowell, CFO.
- Codel seeks to expand geographically as well as through new
- Codel seeks to acquire other manufacturers and distributors
of pre-hung doors.
- Mr. Chawla serves
as Chairman of the holding company for Codel; Mead Montgomery
of Montgomery, Shelton & Company serves as Chairman of the
operating company. Mr. Holcomb and David Shelton, of Montgomery, Shelton and Company, serve
the holding company as Directors.
- SIC codes: 3442 (metal doors, sash, frames, molding and trim
manufacturers); 5031 (lumber, plywood, millwork and wood panels);
3442-03 (doors - metal - manufacturers); 3442-98 (metal doors,
sash, frames and trim); 4031-16 (doors and frames - commercial
and industrial); 5031-17 (doors and frames)