of America (ECA) was an operator of post-secondary schools.
- Education Corporation of America was formed in April 1999 with
Kenneth C. Horne, James Hutton and Jim Tolbert in the acquisition
of Virginia College, a leading private, accredited for-profit
post-secondary educational institution
- Post-secondary education was offered in the areas of: information
technology, medical career, CAD/CAM, culinary and automotive,
in the form of associates, bachelor’s and master's degrees
- Campuses included:
- Virginia College of Austin
- Virginia College of Birmingham
- Virginia College of Huntsville
- Virginia College of Jackson
- Culinard Culinary Academy
- Medical Career Center at Mobile
- Medical Career Center at Pensacola
- VC Tech
- Prospect Partners completed a recapitalization of ECA with a
Chicago-based private equity investment firm in December 2004;
with management, Prospect Partners retained a minority stake in
- Mr. Kenter and Mr.
Chawla served the Company as Directors.