Education Futures Group
(d/b/a Vista College) is a premier provider of for-profit post-secondary education and continuing education. Vista College operates seven campuses throughout Texas and New Mexico, as well as an online campus, that provide a diverse variety of programs and program levels (diplomas and associates degrees) in Allied Health, Technology, Business/Legal, and Vocational training. Through its Professional Development arm, Vista College also offers continuing education programs in a broad array of disciplines.
- Education Futures Group was formed by veteran post-secondary
school operator Jim Tolbert and Prospect Partners to focus exclusively
on the acquisition of accredited for-profit post-secondary school
education operating companies.
- Education Futures Group made its first acquisition, with management, of Computer
Career Center of El Paso, Texas, in June, 2006.
- Today, all campuses operate under the Vista College brand.
- Vista College subsequently:
- acquired Certified Careers Institute (CCI) of Salt Lake City and Clearfield, Utah, in June 2007.
- acquired the Amarillo and Lubbock, Texas locations of Texas Computer Training Institute, Inc. (TCTI), in August, 2007.
- opened campuses in Las Cruces, N.M., and in Beaumont, Longview, Killeen, and College Station, Texas (2007, 2010, 2011, 2013, and 2015, respectively).
- The company, through its Vista College Professional Development arm, also offers continuing education programs that serve business professionals and tradesmen in an array of fields. In support of this business unit, Vista College:
- acquired Technical Skills Development Services, Inc. (TSDS), of New Braunfels, Texas, in October, 2012. TSDS provides electrical safety education and training programs.
- acquired State Continuing Education Inc. (StateCE), of McKinney, Texas, in July, 2013. StateCE provides online continuing education programs for insurance professionals, electricians, X-ray technicians, private security personnel, and a number of other professionals.
- Education Futures Group/Vista College seeks acquisitions of other post-secondary
education and continuing education operating companies that could benefit from an operationally-oriented
buyer with a strong capital base.
- SIC codes: 8221 (colleges, universities and professional schools); 8222 (junior, community colleges and technical institutes); 8243 (computer training; data processing schools); 8244 (business colleges and secretarial schools); 8249 (vocational schools); 8249-01 (trade schools); 8249-02 (business training services); 9249-03 (medical training services); 8299 (schools and educational services)
- Mr. Kenter, Mr.
Chawla and Mr. McInerney serve the Company as Chairman and Directors, respectively.