St. Paul, Minnesota
Summit Fire Protection
Co. is a leading provider of fire sprinkler installation and maintenance services for commercial and multi-unit properties in the upper Midwest. Summit Fire Protection also provides a full suite of fire, life and safety services, including fire extinguisher service and inspection. Customers including contractors, building owners and property managers.
- Prospect teamed with Summit Fire Protection management and independent equity
investor Jeff Evrard to acquire the company in a recapitalization
of the business in July 2006.
- Summit Fire Protection subsequently acquired:
- Aquarius Sprinkler, Inc. of Cedar Rapids, Iowa (March 2007),
- Minnesota Conway Fire & Safety, Inc. of St. Paul, Minn. (December, 2009),
- St. Cloud Fire Extinguisher Co. of Waite Park, Minn. (December, 2009),
- Northland Fire & Security, Inc., of Eagan, Minn. (December, 2012),
- Fire Fighter Detect Alarm, of Alexandria, Minn. (March, 2013),
- ABS Fire Equipment Co., Inc., of Ottumwa, Iowa (April, 2014),
- Advanced Fire Protection Services, Inc., of Rochester, Minn. (November, 2014),
- Badger Fire Protection & Safety Supply Co., Inc., of Madison, Wis. (March, 2015), and
- Hintz Fire Equipment, Inc., of Fargo, N.D. (April, 2015)
- Mr. Evrard is Chief Executive Officer; Summit Fire Protection Founder Quintin Rubald III is the company's President;
Lon Binder is the Chief Financial Officer.
- Summit Fire Protection Co. seeks to acquire other niche businesses that introduce
the company to secondary markets in neighboring states, offer
a complementary line of business or deepen its penetration in
an existing market. Upper Midwestern providers of fire protection, particularly fire extinguisher services, are of particular interest.
- Mr. Kenter and Mr. O'Dell serve the Company as Chairman and Director, respectively.
- SIC codes: 1799 (special trade contractors); 1711 (plumbing, heating and air-conditioning); 7382 (security systems services)