Pipp Mobile Storage Systems
(Pipp) is a leading manufacturer, designer and installer of mobile shelving
and storage systems under the Pipp, Denstor, and IRSG brands. Pipp's products help companies free up floor space while improving the organization and storage of everything from files to food to stockroom merchandise to tools. Pipp sells nationwide to companies, including many Fortune 1000 businesses, in retail, hospitality, foodservice and commercial office markets through a network of authorized dealers that install the systems.
- Prospect teamed with store fixture industry veteran Craig J.
Umans and Pipp management to acquire the company in March 2005
from the founding family.
- Pipp subsequently acquired:
- Denstor Mobile Storage Systems, Inc. of Farmington Hills, Mich., (March, 2007), which helped Pipp increase its exposure in markets outside of retail, such as hospitality, foodservice, and healthcare.
- the International Retail Services Group (IRSG) division of Capsa Solutions, LLC (September, 2011). IRSG's industry-leading inventory-management products enhance Pipp's position
as the 'one-stop shop' for retailers seeking storage
solutions for everywhere from the stock room to the sales floor. IRSG is based in Itasca, Ill.
- Mr. Maurer, Mr.
Tuttle, Mr. Brennan, and Mr. Umans served the Company as Chairman and Directors,
- Pipp was recapitalized by management and a financial buyer in December, 2012.
- SIC codes: 2542 (office and store fixtures, partitions, shelving
and lockers, except wood); 2542-05 (shelving manufacturers); 5046
(commercial equipment, not elsewhere classified); 5046-06 (shelving,
commercial and industrial)